1point is a collaboration of voluntary and third sector organisations, who each have a proven track-record in supporting people with mental health problems in the Bolton.
1point’s members have more than 130 trained and professionally qualified counsellors and therapists from a wide spectrum of organisations.
We are a not for profit Community Benefit organisation. This ensures that all investment and any surpluses are directed locally to continually improve the quality of service for its clients and service users.
“To create an effective and efficient collaboration between counselling and psychotherapeutic practitioners, with the purpose of promoting and providing appropriate psychological services to individuals and organisations wishing to commission or refer others for services available from members of 1point.”
- Has person-centred values at its heart and strives to promote choice.
- Committed to continuous development and improvement, supporting and sharing best practice.
- Accessible and available to all members of our communities regardless of gender, sexuality, status, race, religion, disability and age.
- Independent, politically neutral and inclusive.
- Positive, pro-active and forward thinking.
Aims & Objectives
- To work in partnership with statutory, private and third sector organisations.
- To promote the immediate and long term benefits of talking therapies and psychological support.
- To encourage the development of new services to meet the needs of our diverse local communities.
- To undertake activities which promote emotional wellbeing and assist in improving mental health through low and high intensity interventions.
- To provide local, safe and confidential therapeutic facilities in non-stigmatising settings.
- To promote and facilitate co-production.
1point is a Community Benefit organisation presenting a single public face for a portfolio of psychological health and wellbeing services.